Who we are
Xie Ying (Rain)
Fun Fact: I am the middle kid in my family with an older sister and a younger brother.
Favorite Spot in Suzhou: Pingjiang Street has been my favorite spot since I first moved into Suzhou in 2013. The best time to visit the street is at the night-time during weekdays.
Favorite Thing about the Counselling Work: My students always make me surprised and impressed about what they can do and how much they change within 3 or 4 years in high school.
Favorite Thing about OCAC: The secondary team. We are like a big family, and I have had so much joy working with them so far.
Shi Qiusha (Serena)
Fun Fact: I studied Chinese medicine for 5 years, now I am a university counselor.
Favorite Spot in Suzhou: My home
Favorite Thing about the Counselling Work: Being able to know students as a person and to see how students grow up as different kinds of unique individuals
Favorite Thing about OCAC: The school’s ginger cat
What we do
- Discuss college planning with the student and the parents and help the child to develop a schedule, testing plan, and, eventually, a balanced list of appropriate post-secondary institutions
- Provide information about chances of admission to particular colleges
- Provide resources and opportunities for students and their families to learn about various colleges
- Provide information about visitations, special events, open houses at colleges, deadlines, scholarships, and testing
- Help students access and use important websites
- Support and counsel students and parents throughout the entire research, application, and selection process
- Collaborate with school staff to best provide university admission counseling and application assistance