1. What is the cost of tuition?
The tuition fees for the 2019-20 Academic Year:
|Pre-K (ages 2-3)||Kindergarten (K1-3)||Primary (G1-5)|
|58,000 RMB||80,000 RMB||87,300 RMB|
|MYP (G6-9)||G10||DP (G11-12)|
|100,000 RMB||141,000 RMB||159,000 RMB|
Detailed information on tuition and fees will be available in the acceptance package.
2. What is not included in the tuition?
3. Does the school have a scholarship programme?
Yes. OCAC Suzhou’s IBDP scholarship programme is referred to as the Chiway Excelsior Scholarship (Hua Rui Talent Scholarship), and it is a three-level system. The “First-class scholarship (Gold)” recipients are awarded three years of 100% tuition covered. “Second-class scholarship (Silver)” recipients are awarded three years of 50% tuition covered. “Third-class scholarship (Bronze)” recipients are awarded three years of 25% tuition covered.
All DP school students granted admission to OCAC Suzhou are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Recipients are evaluated by the Scholarship Evaluation Committee. The committee examines applicants’ on an individual basis to ensure that the process is equitable to all.
To ensure that the programme establishes and maintains a high standard, recipients must perform at a high level to keep their scholarships. For recipients who receive a second-class or third-class scholarship, they have the opportunity to be upgraded to a higher class scholarship if they can finish in the top 5% of their class at the end of the year. To keep an awarded scholarship, recipients must ensure that they finish in the top 20% of their class. If a student were to drop out of the top 50% in the class, the scholarship is canceled.
4. What materials should I provide if I am a high-level overseas Chinese professional and plan to enroll my children in OCAC Suzhou?
Please contact the SIP talent hotline: 0512-6706 8000 for more information about enrolling the children of high-level overseas Chinese professionals to OCAC Suzhou.
5. If a student is transferred to OCAC Suzhou from a public school, is there any tutoring programme available to ensure the transition is successful? What could parents do to help the transition during the summer?
OCAC Suzhou delivers the Chinese National Curriculum through IB inquiry-based approach to learning. The teacher will give those who have just transferred from public school special guidance during the inquiry process. Peer support and cooperation will also be available.
During this coming summer, we encourage all the new students and transfer students to practice reading, listening and speaking in both Chinese and English. Meanwhile, we encourage all parents to carry out outdoor activities and explore nature with your child in order to cultivate a positive attitude towards learning.
6. Will OCAC Suzhou provide a bus service for students?
7. When are the arrival and departure times of students?
Arrival time: 7:45 am – 8:00 am
Departure time depends on whether the student has a CCA after school.
- CCA Day: departure time will be 4:00 pm – 4:15 pm.
- No CCA: the student can be picked up at 3:00 pm – 3:10 pm.
Unless otherwise planned in advance with parents, the school will not arrange any CCAs for students after 4:00 pm.
8. Will OCAC Suzhou offer a summer programme for students?
OCAC Suzhou has built a close partnership with overseas educational institutions. For more information on this year’s summer programme, please contact Wang Dan at 0512 6500 1600 ext. 110.